- Visas are not required for United States Citizens. All travelers visiting St. Lucia will be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security.
- The East Caribbean dollar is the currency used in St. Lucia.
- The current exchange rate is 1.00 USD = 2.70 East Caribbean Dollar, 1.00 EUR = 3.31 East Caribbean Dollar.
- However, exchange rates fluctuate often so it is recommended that you research the current exchange rate closer to your date of travel.
- St. Lucia does charge a departure tax which is approximately 54 East Caribbean Dollars for passengers leaving the island.
How’s the weather?
- From December to May St. Lucia can range from 65°F (18.3°C) to 85°F (29.4°C).
- From June to November St. Lucia can range from 75°F (23.8°C) to 95°F (35°C).
- The winter months tend to be drier than the summer
What should I wear?
- Day wear should be casual. Lightweight cotton clothing and swimwear attire are perfect for day. Night life is a popular attraction in St. Lucia. Therefore, gourmet dining and cocktail attire is required in most restaurants (no shorts or beach cover-ups). For certain activities like golf or shopping in town, appropriate attire is recommended. It should be noted that overly casual beachwear is rarely appreciated off the beach.
Will my appliances work?
- St. Lucia’s outlets are designed for 240 volts. Therefore, if traveling from the United States or from European countries, you will need to purchase a wall adapter and a voltage converter. You can purchase a converters at any Brookstone airport store.
Is the water safe?
- In St. Lucia water is considered safe to drink from the tap. Bottled water can still be found easily at restaurants and hotels.
- River water is never safe to drink in St. Lucia.
- It is also a general precaution to wash and peel all local fruits and vegetables before eating them.